What are we looking for?
- An appreciation for leather as a sustainable and quality material
- A genuine interest in handbags and accessories.
- A passion for retail and a genuine desire to deliver a memorable shopping experience
- Ability to work in what can often be – but not all the time – a fast paced retail environment, always with an enthusiastic attitude. Commercial awareness with the ability to read customers and spot key opportunities for sales.
- A keen eye for detail and visual merchandising.
- Flexibility and willingness to work weekends (we aim to give every member of staff at least one full weekend off a month)
- Ability to multitask
ECOMMERCE INTERNSHIP - based in Tynemouth (NE30 4LY)
We are always reviewing applications for eCommerce Interns to work at The Leather Mob. All interns are based in our office based in Tynemouth (2 minutes walk from local metro station) under the supervision of the Buying Director and/or Marketing Director. However, you may be required to occasionally attend local fairs or national trade shows, as well as promotional events.
This is a 3 months minimum unpaid internship starting ASAP. Employment opportunities within our company will arise in the near future, hence if you were already working in house, you would have a strong advantage on any external applications. Nonetheless, this internship will help you acquire and develop key sales and marketing skills and provide you with knowledge and a clear understanding of various platforms and approaches. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in e-commerce and marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast paced work environment.
As an eCommerce Intern, the purpose of the role is to assist the Buying and the Marketing Directors in their day to day activities to ensure the meeting of their targets, as well as performing a variety of tasks, including social media, PR and content development. The main purpose of these tasks will be to generate content and activity to drive organic traffic to the website which in turn will lead to sales.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assistance with photoshoots, events, press relations, SEO and email marketing. You will be allocated a specific department to work on and you will be involved in all aspects of online marketing for that particular department, which means you will be able to see and monitor the direct impact your actions have on the online visibility of that department and sales. We will have access to various analytical platforms, which will provide you with a real understanding of online marketing strategies and activities. A great opportunity to learn hands on!
- Media monitoring
- Social media: idea generation and execution
- Content creation
- Product management
- Organising and attending photoshoots
- Liaising with press and media requests
- Liaising with brand ambassadors
- Assist with CRM/database management
- Assist with web platform maintenance
- Website CMS: support with image/copy/promotion management
- SEO: supporting content creation and Meta Data completion
- Assist with email marketing, website enhancements and with eCommerce photo shoots
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Adobe product experience is a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Previous experience of an online content management system is a plus
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Interest and understanding of the luxury industry
- Independent and diligent whilst working under supervision
- Can do attitude
- Team player
If you have what it takes, tell us why we should pick you – apply now!
- Fashion Accessories